With each holiday I take, the more I appreciate the importance of managing time efficiently. My experience at Kyaninga Lodge was no different. With only 3 days on my hands and a host of activities to enjoy, there was no slowing down. So with no time to waste either, here go my top 10 experiences at Kyaninga lodge:
- My favorite by far was the evening crater rim walk and the sunset that came with it.
2. The view from any deck; be it your room, the restaurant, the pool side, it’s all for the taking. The mornings are particularly pretty.
3. A private massage in your room or room deck to wrap up your day.
4. The guided tours including; the scenic rift valley drive, crater lake drive and tour of Amabere. It took us 6.5 hrs to do all three activities, but it could take longer so plan to start as early as 7am.
5. A walk down to the jetty.
6. Lunch and dinner are 3 courses of delectables food. Big thanks for the free jar of water at all meals .
7. An afternoon dip in the pool
8. A game of badminton, lawn tennis and many others
9. A simple tour of the herbs garden. If you ask politely, you can pack some with you.
10. A forest walk for the more adventurous.
PS: The scenic rift valley drive; crater lake drive and picnic; and Amabere ga Nyinamwiru tour are all guided tours. The tour guide is provided for by Kyaninga lodge and is part of the accommodation fee.